Experienced Investing with a Focus on Development
Cold Mountain Capital seeks to invest in aerospace, defense and similar industrial sectors, targeting companies that align with our industry and operating expertise located in North America and Europe. Our sweet spot is companies with $1 million – $5 million in EBITDA, but we will consider opportunities as high as $20 million in EBITDA. Likewise, while we do not focus on distressed assets, we do have significant experience in this arena and will consider investments in a wide variety of special situations. Finally, we invest a small portion of our capital in properties such as undeveloped land adjacent to national parks, distressed properties and commercial real estate as a means of diversification and risk mitigation.
Our company objectives:
- A 3- to 5-year hold period for our investments and above-market returns to our investors after expenses. We derive maximum returns for our investors by delivering world-class operating and financial performance from our portfolio companies, not through creative accounting and refinancing practices.
- Positive cash flow from our investments through management of fees, dividends and other cash distributions.
- Utilization of a team of outsourced professionals to provide assistance with the diligence, ownership and divestiture of our portfolio companies and properties in order to maintain responsiveness and capacity while keeping expenses low.
- Invest in real estate with strong appreciation potential to mitigate risk and add diversity while providing maximum tax benefits for our investors.
Cold Mountain Capital buys, owns, operates and sells niche, middle market manufacturing and service businesses in the United States to provide investment-grade rates of return for our investors.
- Cold Mountain is an operationally focused investment and management firm. We believe in driving real, sustainable improvements in our portfolio company’s operating and financial performance.
- Cold Mountain invests in companies with a strong “reason to exist” in their served markets. We don’t try to time markets or rely on factors outside of our control for success.
- Cold Mountain will be seen as the “Gold Standard” in the private equity world for operating middle market companies as a result of our integrity, operating prowess, straightforward style and commitment to real, sustainable results.
- Absolute integrity in all of our activities.
- Consistency of action. Do what you said you would do when you said you would do it.
- Commitment to operational excellence and financial performance. Drive for results no matter the economic or business climate.
- Teamwork. When the company succeeds, we all succeed. When an individual fails, we all fail. Pitch in, flow to the work, get it done.
- Openness. Knowledge is power only when it’s shared. Our best ideas and strategies come from a group effort, not individuals operating alone.
- Meritocracy. Our company will hire, retain, promote and reward our employees and portfolio company management teams based on objective results, irrespective of race, gender, religion or other social factors.
- Social responsibility. In addition to providing high quality employment opportunities, we are committed to promoting business ethics, environmental health, employee safety in our facilities, and active participation in the communities where we own companies.